Jivdhan (or Jeevdhan) is a hill fortress situated 1 km near the modern day town of Ghatghar in Junnar Taluka of Pune district in Maharashtra, India. The fort, which rises 1,145 meters (3,757 feet) above sea level, is located in the Sahyadri mountain range. The fort was looted and destroyed by the British upon siege between 1815 -1818.
Forts originated during the Satvaahan era. Every entry point on the forts built by Shivaji have a ‘Kalas’ and Lord Ganesh carved on it. The nearby Naneghat (Toll collection booth) was used for commercial purpose by traders to help in easy movements of goods. As this was an important pass joining the seas to the mainland, it was heavily guarded from enemies. The Jivdhan fort stood as an important guard fort to protect the interests of various kingdoms.