Deo Tibba Base Camp is one of the most picturesque treks in the Himachal Pradesh region which offers landscapes ranging from alpine forests, meadows (locally known as thatch), waterfalls, moraines & a high altitude lake with blue water known as mini-Chandratal (4480m). The trek offers a great view of snow clad peaks of Deo Tibba (6001m) & Indrasan (6220m) along with the glaciers of Jagatsukh & Deo Tibba.
The trek begins at the village of Jagatsukh, which is 6 km from the town of Manali. The trail ascends up the valley alongside the Jagatsukh Allah, a pristine Himalayan stream where a hydroelectric plant is being established. We continue to follow the stream to high meadows and pasture lands at Chikka. The climb up the valley continues until one reaches the large flat pastures at Seri and surrounded by the lesser peaks of the region. The first glimpse of Deo Tibba Base Camp Trekking can be seen from here. After crossing Jagatsukh Allah a couple of times, and passing the Tainta waterfall on a nearby ridge, one reaches the Deo Tibba.
The high altitude becomes evident as snow fields are in sight everywhere from here onwards. Further ascent brings us to the moon-shaped lake called Chota Chandratal which is the source of the stream. The establishment of the hydroelectric project has extended the motor able road up to Jobra Nallah and this shortens the length of the trek by one day. The trek is one of the easiest ones to get accustomed to the pleasures of trekking in the Himalayan ranges. The vast meadows at Seri (formerly a glacier) and Taina are some of the most enthralling places to spend time at. This is a spectacular view that haunts every trekker giving a unique experience. During the spring season, the valley gets covered with green and the variety of flora, and bird species is an absolute treat to the nature lovers.
Day 1: Drive from Manali – Jagatsukh and trek to Chikka (1 hr. drive / 5 hrs. trek)
Day 2: Trek from Chikka – Seri (3600 meters, 11811ft, 5 hrs.)
Day 3: Trek from Seri – Tainta – Chota Chandratal and return to Tainta (4,480 meters, 14698 ft 8 hrs.)
Day 4: Trek from Tainta – Chika (11 kms, 6 hrs.)
Day 5. Trek from Chika – Jagatsukh and Drive to Manali (4 hrs. / 1 hr. drive)
Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
Avoid trekking during the nights.
Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
For Medical Form please visit: https://www.plusvalleyadventure.com/medical-form
In Bank Account of Stepin Adventure.
Bank Details –
Account Name – Stepin Adventure.
A/c number – 913020021328564
Bank – Axis Bank LTD.
Branch – Paud Road
IFSC Code – UTIB0001894
(Note – Only Cheque deposits and NEFT transfers.
No cash deposit)
You can pay the cash in our Office. Receipt will be given to you.
Address – Plus valley Adventure Office,
3, Anand Complex, Alkapuri Society,
Opp.Hotel Kinara, Above Bata Showroom,
Vanaz Corner, Paud Road, Kothrud,
Pune – 411029.
Please refer our website:-
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Trek equipments.
5. First aid medical kits.
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
7. Transport from Manali to Jagatsukh and return.
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Manali.
2. Food during the transit.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Price Includes.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Things to Carry :
- Warm shirt/ light micro fleece pullover/ full sleeve T-shirt
- Water resistant trekking pants (Dri-fit)
- Windproof/ water resistant jacket, down jacket with min 600 fill power rating
- Thick Fleece/ Full-sleeve sweater
- Thermal inner wear
- Woolen cap, Inner fleece gloves, outer water proof gloves
- Thick dri-fit woolen socks and regular socks
- Scarf/ muffler / multifunctional headwear (optional)
- Comfortable waterproof Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a thick sole, Camp shoes
- Ice Grips / Winter Trax / Crampons
- Raincoat/ Poncho
- Small light weight towel
- Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
- Cap/ floppy, Sun glasses
- Sturdy walking stick/ trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Torch/ Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Personal medication
- Personal toiletries.
We are offering gear, assistance and a lot of free heartfelt expert advice to tackle your forthcoming Adventure.
To buy outdoor gear online visit http://www.stepinadventure.com/